- Usher has been dreaming of headlining as a performer at the big game since he was featured with the Black Eyed Peas in 2011.
- Now, with a new album out today (February 9), he’ll be taking the stage as an independent artist.
- “This is only the beginning because I launched this album as an independent artist,” he said. “I will be, up until this date, the only independent artist who’s ever performed the Super Bowl halftime show. So this is a beginning. This is a new beginning for me.”
- Usher will perform for 15 minutes, two minutes longer than most halftime performers have been on the stage in the past. Usher teased that there would be other artists joining him on stage; however, he didn’t say who.
- Who do you think will perform alongside Usher at the big game?