- The BET Awards was three and a half hours of celebrating 50 years of hip-hop. There were ups and downs, and Twitter was here for it all. Here are some of the best reactions.
- One fan enjoying the tribute to Busta Rhymes, who won a lifetime achievement award, tweeted, “Busta Rhymes is an exemplary OG. Drops knowledge. Represents for his era. Embraces the new generation with love. Evolves while still setting trends. He is Hip-Hop!”
- Other notable moments that had social media talking was Sexyy Red hyping the with her song, “Pound Town,” and Patti’s troublesome tribute to Tina Turner and the energy given off by Redman.
- Coi Leray trended after she hit the stage with an all-white outfit with patches that included names of female rappers who came before her. Busta’s best friend and hypeman, Spiff, was BFF goals, and fans demanded “grace and respect” for 79-year-old Patti LaBelle after she failed to see the teleprompter for lyrics to Tina Turner’s “Simply The Best.”
- What was the best social media reaction to the BET Awards?