- Jason Martin, the rapper formerly known as Problem, claims Nicki Minaj stole Saweetie’s idea to sample Aqua’s single “Barbie Girl” for the Barbie movie.
- Martin, who worked with Saweetie on a song sampling “Barbie Girl,” detailed his allegations on Twitter and Instagram Live. Martin accused Nicki Minaj of taking Saweetie’s song idea after a proposed collaboration.
- “As a writer on this, I can confirm this song and idea was sent to [Nicki Minaj] last year to submit for the Barbie movie,” Problem wrote. “It’s sad to see that the original artist has been pushed off a song that was her idea and was meant for both of them. I have no side in this, but I will be compensated.”
- Saweetie previewed her song sampling “Barbie Girl” in late 2022. According to Martin, Nicki Minaj agreed to team up with Saweetie on the track. But Nicki Minaj allegedly bailed on the collaboration and created a new track titled “Barbie World” with Ice Spice.
- Who should Saweetie collaborate with next?