- Missy Elliott has stunned a few of her younger fans by dropping an easter egg about her 2002 hit “Work It.”
- Missy took to Twitter to reveal that the track’s signature gibberish bars actually weren’t gibberish at all but were simply the song’s hook reversed.
- “!it esrever dna ti pilf nwod gnaht ym tup I,” Missy wrote alongside a carousel of photos. Fans quickly realized that the caption read: “I put my thang down, flip it and reverse it!” backwards.
- While this information isn’t news to veteran Hip Hop heads, it was clear lots of fans weren’t aware of this fun fact about “Work It.”
- Which Missy track gets stuck in your head on a loop?