Grammys Tap GloRilla, Missy Elliott, Lil Wayne For Hip-Hop 50th Anniversary Performance
February 2, 2023 11:36PM EST
- The Recording Academy will celebrate the 50th anniversary of hip-hop at the Grammys with an all-star performance.
- Missy Elliott, Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash, Queen Latifah, RUN-DMC, Lil Wayne, Rakim and more will perform Sunday to celebrate the momentous moment in music history.
- The academy said Thursday that LL Cool J — who has hosted the Grammys in the past — will introduce the segment and give a dedication to hip-hop. Questlove will work as musical director and producer, while his band The Roots will play onstage, and Black Thought will narrate.
- Others who will be part of the performance include De La Soul, Big Boi, Scarface, Salt-N-Pepa and Spinderella, Grandmaster Mele Mel & Scorpio/Ethiopian King, Ice-T, Busta Rhymes with Spliff Star, The Lox, Method Man, Raheim, Lil Baby, Too $hort, Future, Nelly, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Swizz Beatz, DJ Drama and GloRilla.
- What artists in this lineup excite you the most?