- Fat Joe recently explained how Michael Jordan aided him in the opening of his Up NYC shoe store.
- For an episode of The Eli Manning Show, Joey Crack brought former New York Giants players Eli Manning and Shaun O’Hara to his upscale shoe store, where he explained how Up NYC was founded with some assistance from MJ.
- Joey said, “What happened was I went to spend hundreds of thousands to open the store and I brought a friend from Nike up there like, ‘This is my new sneaker store.'”
- He continued, “He was like, ‘Yo, you got permission?’ I said, ‘What permission?’ He was like, ‘Nah, you gotta get sanctioned you gotta get vetted.’ I was like, ‘Nah, I thought we was cool.'”
- He added, “That night Jordan had a party in New York. I’m up in the party and you hear this just big voice, ‘Big Joe, Big Joe.’ And I turned around and everybody looks and it’s Michael Jordan. He said, ‘Your grand opening, I’ll be there. Your grand opening, I’m there.’ The same guys that told me no ran over, ‘I guess you got a store.'”
- Who was your biggest co-sign while you were coming up in your career? How did this person help you achieve your promotion in your career?