- Sadly, Diddy’s hugely successful partnership with UK booze company Diageo has come to an end.
- Reportedly, the spirits company chose to sever relations with the Harlem-born mogul after he brought a lawsuit against the business in May.
- Diddy alleged in the lawsuit that Diageo was “racist” in the way it handled his booze brands, Cîroc vodka and DeLeón tequila.
- In addition, the lawsuit claims that Diageo’s North American business “starved Combs’ Cîroc vodka and DeLeón tequila brands of resources” while meticulously maintaining other celebrity brands.
- More than 200 different alcoholic beverage brands, including Don Julio and Casamigos tequilas, are owned by Diageo.
- Since then, Diageo has refuted the “Act Bad” musician’s claims and has filed a move to dismiss Combs’ complaint. Diageo has called the allegations “false and reckless.”
- The company said, “Mr. Combs’ bad-faith actions have clearly breached his contracts and left us no choice but to move to dismiss his baseless complaint and end our business relationship. We have exhausted every reasonable remedy and see no other path forward.”
- Which is your favorite drink of choice? Which celebrity-endorsed liquor brand is your favorite?