- Coco Jones won Best New Artist at the BET Awards, but her journey was tough.
- ET talked to the Bel-Air star about her rise to fame on the Disney Channel at Sunday’s event. The 25-year-old actress gained fame in Let It Shine but didn’t have the career success she wanted.
- “It’s really a success for all of us,” Jones tells ET’s Kevin Frazier on the red carpet with her mother and sister alongside her. “This is [my sister]’s first time seeing me perform since I was literally 17… I hope I win something for them.”
- Reflecting on her journey, Jones says, “It’s honestly humbling, and I hope that I forever stay this humble because I really do feel like just a regular girl from the middle of nowhere in Tennessee who fought for her dreams, and I will always fight for my dreams…”
- Do you think Coco Jones was the correct pick for Best New Artist? Who do you think should’ve won?